Busenari Light Finder is a ritual in which the quester attempts to enter the Godplane and assume the role of Busenari to reenact the myth Busenari Finds the Light, in which she looks after the heavenly cow herd.
The benefits you can select are:
- Gain a herd of cows
Death of some cows in the ritual can influence how many are rewarded. If no cows die, this will reward 100 cows.
- Strengthen the quester (improves leadership and food)
- Gain a treasure associated with Busenari.
- Help our pastures. (Removes grazing stress)
- Gain blessings.
Improves clan mood. Not available if negative mood results occur during ritual.
- Protection from the cold and winter.
Must choose to and succeed in North, to fight the Cold Sun in the ritual to choose this blessing.
- Aid Beren when dealing with Redalda, whose image he saw in the mirror.
Requires plot event and perhaps Skyward Path, and potentially taking the cows to Elmal.
The ideal quester for this ritual has high skill in Leadership and Food, and worships Busenari. Regardless of skill, the quester must be a woman.
As with all rituals, success depends on choosing options that the quester is good at, not on faithfully reenacting the myth.
- Sing the cows a calming song
- By Reassuring them
- South, the right direction
- Urge Gamari to give the daughters her joy in wandering
DialogueEdit<Quester> finds Busenari's daughters in a chilly pasture. Wolves howl and snarl in the distance, hungry for their flesh.
- Attack the wolves (combat?)
- Find the bones of dead cows to make them whole. (Seems to always work)
- Make a deal with the wolves (bargaining?)
- Sing the cows a calming song (food?)
The sun plunges from the sky and falls into hell. Confused and frightened by the dark, the herd breaks up. Busenari's daughters scatter in all directions. How does <Quester> get them back?
- By cowing them (Leadership/Combat?)
- By promising them a new way (Leadership?)
- By Inspiring them
- By reassuring them (Food? Very often seems to work)
Ice comes to the pasture, killing the grass. Even the Cold Sun vanishes from the sky. Where does <Quester> lead the herd?
- Skyward, to the Sunpath (Magic Based Choice)
- South, the Right Direction
- Toward the sound of hooves
- Occasionally, go North to fight the Cold Sun is given.
Required to choose and succeed in to be able to choose the Protection from the Cold Sun reward.
<Quester> leads the daughters of Busenari to a verdant valley. There Gamari greets them. They ask Gamari where their home is. "Everywhere" she says, "for you are now free of your former pens, which were a prison." The daughter of Busenari do not seem as pleased to hear this as Gamari is to say it.
- Heal among the daughters who are hurt.
- Take the daughters to be received by Elmal. (Leadership choice, Harmony Magic helps)
- Take the daughters to Nyalda.
- Urge Gamari to give the daughters her joy in wandering. (Diplomacy choice)
Note: Like most rituals, not all of the dialog options will be available to each quester. They seem to be controlled by something, but it is not entirely clear what this is. However, almost all options have some chance of success.