Failing a section of the ritual may prevent certain options from showing up, while others may only appear if you make certain choices and succeed at them.
- Improved relations with other Riders.
- Improved relations with Wheels.
Depends on successfully cooperating with Samnal.
- Strengthening of the quester’s abilities (Lore and Leadership).
- Increase the leadership skills of all your top people.
Increases the "political acumen" of all nobles. Does not always appear.
- Goods from the Golden City.
Up to 100 Goods, must succeed with "Depart in an orderly fashion, taking as much as you can" choice in ritual.
- Good fortune when dealing with Dara Happans.
Depends on successfully handling the first ambassador?
- Good fortune when dealing with Alkothi.
Depends on successfully handling the second ambassador?
- End political conflict over belief in Cenala.
- A treasure sacred to Hyalor (the Ring of Hyalor).
- A treasure from the giant's pouch. (Requires defeating the ice giants in the third stage). These treasures tend to reward you for picking certain tactics during raids. The treasures listed below are among the possible rewards:
The hero must be male, and should ideally be a worshipper of Hyalor with high Lore and Leadership stats. A highly skilled Combat hero has a path to mostly get through the ritual as well. As with all rituals, success depends on choosing options that the quester is good at, not on faithfully reenacting the myth.
Diplomacy magic in sacred time can aid political / mockery answer success. War Magic will aid Combat and leaving ice giant attack success. Harmony magic can aid enigmatic actions.
Dialogue Edit<Name> rode back to the days of the Golden City, when the Imperial Legate Avilraru presented himself to Hyalor the Horseman and Samnal the Charioteer. Avilraru announces that Emperor Manarlavus will construct a dome over the empire, and intends to extend it as far as Nivorah.
- Challenge Avilraru to a duel.
- Inspire Avilraru to abandon the empire and join the Riders.
High Leadership possible but hard to pass
- Mock Avilraru in song.
- Seek Samnal’s solidarity in defying Avilraru.
A second ambassador, Anakarius, comes, backed up by a retinue of Alkothi demon men. “If you do not cooperate in the construction of a dome over your city, the Emperor will curse the name of Elmal forever. This will mark him as a Small Sun, and he will dwindle away into nothing.”
- Challenge the captain of his demonic escort to a duel.
- Demonstrate the strength of Elmal’s magic.
- Join Samnal in proclaiming Elmal’s might.
- Ride circles around the retinue, until they become dizzy.
Before the Imperials can fulfill their plan to force Nivorans to construct their dome, the ice encroaches. <Name> tells the Riders that it is time to leave the city, before it is crushed by ice. Samnal the Wheel stubbornly refuses to go, saying that his brave nobles can stay behind and fight whatever enemies attack the city. In the distance <Name> hears ice giants blowing their heart-stopping horns.
- Attack the ice giants.
Combat. Success unlocks a selection of treasures as possible rewards.
- Depart in an orderly fashion, taking as much as you can.
Failure may hurt relations with nearby Wheels. Success unlocks the reward option "Goods from the Golden City"
- Depart quickly, leaving the Wheels to face the ice giants.
- Talk Samnal into leaving with you.
<Name> rides to the sky to fetch the golden tablet containing Hyalor’s new rules for the Riders. He gives them to Ostalar the Sorter, the first chieftain. Ostalor thanks him for it but is puzzled. Nothing is written on the tablet. “Why is it blank?” How does <Name> respond?
- “I have done my part. The rest is up to you.”
- “It is our king list. Because the Riders will not have kings.”
Lore, Affected by Openness
- “There is no rule that can’t be changed, when survival is at stake.”
Lore, Affected by Bullheadedness
- With an enigmatic smile.
Note: All choices can be aided by Harmony Magic.