Spirits are bound to your clan, but must be bargained with each time you wish to make use of their powers.
You can bargain with spirits in several ways:
- Persuade: With successful persuasion, the spirit may provide its benefit for a year or two.
- Offer Magic: The spirit provides its benefit at the cost of 1 magic.
- Release for Larger Effect
- Release for Longer Effect
Persuasion and Offering Magic keep the spirit bound to your clan - once the effect ends, you can bargain with it again. Releasing the spirit gives a more powerful benefit, but once the effect ends the spirit is released from its oaths of service and disappears.
Most spirits can give you only one blessing. A few can give two, but only one can be active at a time.
Searching for SpiritsEdit
Spirits may be found via the Map screen. A Search for Spirits mission has a chance to find a new spirit and bind it to your clan. The leader should have a high Magic skill in order to succeed. A shaman will find it easier to succeed, and "may discover additional opportunities."
List of SpiritsEdit
- Antelope: Lets our heroes and their horses leap into the air.
- Anvil: Helps our redsmiths produce more goods.
- Bat: Reduces our fear of darkness.
- Bear: Helps us win one-on-one fights.
- Beaver: Makes it easier to build fortifications.
- Berry: Brings food in Sea, Fire, and Earth seasons.
- Butterfly: Helps lift our spirits.
- Clam: Helps when we suffer misfortune.
- Crawfish: Aids in situations involving tribute.
- Dog: Helps us ensure we stay true to our ways.
- Duck: Helps deal with marriages.
- Fire: Helps us deal with the gods.
- Flint: Helps with ritual preparation.
- Frog: Helps us deal with those tied to the Water rune.
- Fox: Helps us locate things.
- Hare: Helps sneak past others.
- Hawk: Helps us prevail in battles.
- Healing: 2 Options: Curing: Restores our sick to health. Healing: Restores our wounded to health.
- Heron: Brings in food except for Dark season.
- Honeybee: Helps our dealings with Aldryami.(Elves)
- Ladybug: Helps in many disputes within the clan.
- Lion: Wins over bullheaded people.
- Mammoth: Helps us deal with worshippers of Shargath.
- Mole: Helps when dealing with the Mostali.
- Oak: Helps us keep hope.
- Owl: Allows more fighters to respond quickly.
- Pine: Helps peaceful expeditions in snow.
- Quail: Helps with many situations involving the Seven Families.
- Quartz: Helps overcome the resistance of hoarders.
- Rat: Helps convince the gullible.
- Raven: Has two abilities. Stealth: Helps keeps our raiders from being detected. Steal: Steals from another clan.
- Rose: Helps gain forgiveness.
- Sakkar: Helps overcome our own fear.
- Salmon: Helps us consider things from another side.
- Scouring Wind: Helps fight Chaos.
- Snake: Helps overcome the skepticism of others.
- Sow: Helps in matters with food.
- Spider: Helps us resist disorder.
- Trade Wind: Has two abilities. Assess: Helps us get good deals when we buy things. Sell: Helps us get good deals when we sell things.
- Trout: Help with crossing rivers.
- Turtle: Reinforces our confidence and resolve when dealing with others.
- Whistling Wind: Reinforces our confidence and resolve when dealing with others.
- Winter Fox: Helps us raid when snow is on the ground.
- Wolf: Helps us win fights against a pack.